-
July 18th, 2006, 12:24 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I know there are a lot of purists on the board. However, I think that if you buy stuff for a limited edition doll and use them for another TODAY doll or other limited edition doll, I think that's OK. The important thing is that their items stay true to the time period of the doll. At least for an adult collector. For a child, the child should be able to do what she pleases and use her own imagination regardless of any rules.
That's why I think Samantha and Nellie should be able to share things(especially since they're sisters!), as well as Felicity and Elizabeth. I even think that Molly(and Emily when released) can share some things with Kit, and even Kirsten can share a couple of things depending on what they are with Addy. I think as an adult that if the time periods stay consistent, mixing and matching a little is OK depending on what it is.
Now, I don't agree with Molly wearing Felicity's things or Samantha wearing Kaya's things because the time periods are too far apart and a 1940s girl in a colonial gown doesn't look appropriate. The exception is Halloween, Purim and doll plays/performances, where costumes are worn so anything goes in that case, I think.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 17, 2006 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks